Drew Barrymore, Julia Roberts, Natalie Portman, Edward Norton, Goldie Hawn and Billy Krudup are among the cast of Woody Allen’s 1997 musical romantic comedy Everyone Says I Love You, which I hadn’t heard of til yesterday. Although it focuses around the lives of a family of rich liberal Upper East Siders, imagine these actors breaking into song and dance in the old romantic tradition. It’s kind of crazy and I totally recommend it. Hint: it’s on netflix watch instantly.
I can’t wait to venture out to the Boat Grave Yard on a warm weather visit to New York. The Witte Marine scrap yard, a forgotten about area in the Arthur Kill Road Waterway is an official dumping ground for abandoned and decommissioned ships. Dozens of rotting tugboats, ferries, barges and passenger ships protrude from the water, waiting to be dismantled or salvaged. Way off the beaten path (the gravesite can be found via a makeshift path off Arthur Kill Road near Rossville Avenue, several miles by bike or car from the ferry terminal) the location is known as a photographer’s dream for those who actually make the journey.
Photo: Kaitlyn Tikkun from nycgo.com
Learn Something New is a daily project by UK based design studio Young. Young takes random submitted facts and turns them into mini cartoons that are often turned into tshirts & posters. Submit your fact here: email@example.com
Positve Youth Fest: 2 days of workshops, bands & vegan food in DC, for $5 a day…
for more info: http://www.positiveyouthfest.org
RIDE BIKES RIDE BIKES RIDE BIKES RIDE BIKES RIDE BIKES RIDE BIKES RIDE BIKES RIDE BIKES RIDE BIKES RIDE BIKES RIDE BIKES RIDE BIKES RIDE BIKES RIDE BIKES RIDE BIKES
Bart Praat is some kind of Weird Holland artist living in Ghent Belgium
Bart cleans offices during the day and takes long naps in the bathroom while at work. He is the best and worst employee. He once drove a cleaning car threw a wall. He quickly left the scene.
Bart has been helping out Rumors by designing flyers and ads for us for more than 2 years. He also did the best friend day flyers and the Books on wheels flyers. BFF.
One Christmas Bart and I watched a whole season of Tela Tequila back to back on youtube while drinking lots and lots of red wine and eating racist Belgium Christmas chocolate.
Street by Street Block by Block. That is how we roll. Samuri Sauce goes best with Friets.
JESSE JAMES: A TRUE AMERICAN TERRORIST
Jesse James was an American outlaw, gang leader, bank and train robber from the state of Missori and the most famous member of the James-Younger Gang. Jesse and his older brotherFrank James were Confederate guerrillas during the Civil War. They were accused of participating in atrocities committed against Union Soilders. After the war, as members of one gang or another, they robbed banks and murdered bank employees or bystanders. They also waylaid stagecoaches and trains. Despite popular portrayals of James as a kind of Robin Hood, robbing from the rich and giving to the poor, there is no evidence that he and his gang used their robbery gains for anyone but themselves. he James brothers were most active with their gang from about 1866 to 1876, when their attempted robbery of a bank in Northfield, resulted in the capture or deaths of several members. They continued in crime for several years, recruiting new members, but were under increasing pressure from law enforcement.
At the end of the Civil War, Missouri was in shambles. The conflict split the population into three bitterly opposed factions: anti-slavery Unionists, identified with the Republican Party the segregationist conservative Unionists, identified with the Democratic party; and pro-slavery, ex-Confederate secessionists
The Civil War ripped Missouri society apart and shaped the life of Jesse James. After a series of campaigns and battles between conventional armies in 1861
Jesse James is a bad mother (shut your mouth)
On April 3, 1882, Jesse James was killed by Robert Ford, who was a member of the gang living in the James house and who was hoping to collect a state reward on James’ head.
The survivors of Clement’s gang continued to conduct bank robberies over the next two years, though their numbers dwindled through arrest, gunfights, and lynching. They once robbed a bank in Richmond, Missouri, in which they killed the Mayor and two others.
There is nothing I love more than a shirtless Greg. When you live in Richmond it is important to know who your favorite Richmond Band is. Brainworms is mos def on the top of my list. I have never been let down by a Brainworms performance. Check out Gallery 5 on Sundays for awesome shows.
if you like brainworms check them out on www.myspace.com/brainwormsrva
Tonight I am going to see Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings and I am so excited. I am going to look so so good. My outfit inspiration will be THE BLACK PIN UP MODEL. Like every true blooded American girl I have been fascinated with Pin-up photography since I was a young girl. It has always been a bit of work finding African vintage pin-up photography but lately I’ve hit the Gold Mine. If there are any ladies interested in becoming sexy black pin up models please let me know……….
I found this amazing list on the barstoolmountain.blogspot.com. I love whiskey. I love beer. I love music and I love love this list. Whiskey in a jar by Thin LIzzy is a favorite. You can download all these hits on EMUSIC.
1. One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer - Amos Milburn
2. Don’t Come Home A Drinkin’(With Lovin’ On Your Mind) - Loretta Lynn
3. Whiskey In the Jar - Traditional
4. Drinkin’ Wine Spo-Dee-O-Dee - Various
5. White Lightnin’- George Jones
6. Don’t Take My Whiskey Away From Me - Wynonie Harris
7. Quiet Whiskey - Wynonie Harris
8. Streams of Whiskey - Pogues
9. There Stands the Glass - Webb Pierce
10. The Piano Has Been Drinking(Not Me) - Tom Waits
11. Little Ole Wine Drinker Me - Dean Martin
12. Chug A Lug - Roger Miller
13. Here Comes A Regular - The Replacements
14. Barstool Mountain - Johnny Paycheck/Moe Bandy
15. The Bottle - Gil Scott Heron
16. One More For My Baby(And One More For the Road) - Frank Sinatra
17. There’s A Tear in My Beer - Hank Williams
18. I Gotta Get Drunk - Willie Nelson
19. What’s the Use of Getting Sober (When You’re Gonna Get Drunk Again)- Louis Jordan
20. I Aint Drunk - Jimmy Liggins
21. Tequila - The Champs
22. Pass The Booze - Ernest Tubb
23. Bloodshot Eyes - Wynonie Harris
24. What’s Made Milwaukee Famous(Has Made A Loser Out Of Me) - Jerry Lee Lewis
25. Bubbles In My Beer - Bob Wills
26. Intoxicated Man - Serge Gainsbourg
27. Rye Whiskey - Various/Tex Ritter
28. A Six Pack To Go - Hank Thompson
29. Gin and Juice - Snoop Dogg/The Gourds
30. Tonight the Bottle Let Me Down - Merle Haggard
31. Drunk - Jimmy Liggins
32. In Heaven There Is No Beer - Traditional
33. Cigareets and Whiskey and Wild Wild Women - Various/Buck Owens
34. Hey Bartender - Floyd Dixon
35. Gin House Blues - Nina Simone
36. Let Me Go Home Whiskey - Amos Milburn
37. Rhythm and Booze - Corky Jones(Buck Owens)
38. Who Drank My Beer (While I Was In the Rear) - Various/Dave Bartholomew
39. Whiskey You’re the Devil - Traditional/Clancy Brothers
40. Bloody Mary Morning - Willie Nelson
41. If Drinking Don’t Kill Me - George Jones
42. One Mint Julep - trad/sarah vaughan
43. Fifteen Beers - Johnny Paycheck
44. Sloppy Drunk - Jimmy Rogers
45. Sally MacLennane - Pogues
46. I Got Juiced - Jimmy McCracklin
47. I Like Beer - Tom T. Hall
48. Whiskey Do Your Stuff - Louis Jordan
49. Wine Women and Whiskey - Papa Lightfoot
50. Who Threw the Whiskey In The Well - Wynonie Harris
51. Swinging Doors - Merle Haggard
52. Let’s Go Get Stoned - Ray Charles
53. On Tap, In The Can, Or In the Bottle - Hank Thompson
54. Wine Wine Wine - Floyd Dixon
55. Two Six Packs - Away Dave Dudley
56. Whiskey River - Willie Nelson
57. Mountain Dew - Trad
58. Bad Bad Whiskey - Amos Milburn
59. I Think I’ll Just Stay Here And Drink - Merle Haggard
60. Misery and Gin - Merle Haggard
61. Pop A Top - Jim Ed Brown
62. Pabst Blue Ribbon - Untamed Youth
63. Roadhouse Blues - The Doors
64. Six Pack - Black Flag
65. She Said - Hazil Adkins
66. Whiskey Heaven - Fats Domino
67. Booze Party - Three Aces and A Joker
68. Give Me A Red Hot Mama and An Ice Cold Beer - Smiley Maxdon
69. The Whiskey Makes You Sweeter - Laura Cantrell
70. Day Drinkin’ - Dave Dudley and Tom T. Hall
71. Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffet
72. Rum and Coke - Professor Longhair
73. When I’m Drinking - Champion Jack Dupree
74. Dim Lights, Thick Smoke And Loud Loud Music - Various/Vern Gosdin
75. She’s Acting Single, I’m Drinking Doubles - Gary Stewart
76. Whiskey Bottle - Uncle Tupelo
77. I’m at Home Getting Hammered(While She’s Out Getting Nailed) - Banjo and Sullivan
78. Jack Daniels If You Please - David Allen Coe
79. Gonna Drink Milwaukee - Dry Charlie Walker
80. Last Night - The Mar-Keys
81. Looped - Calvin Bose
82. My Baby Got Drunk - Paul “Wine” Jones
83. Good Old Mountain Dew - Grandpa Jones
84. Let’s Get Drunk Again - Bo Carter
85. Hangover Tavern -Hank Thompson
86. One Shot - Mono Men
87. The King Is Gone - George Jones
88. I Got Loaded - Peppermint Harris
89. What A Way To Die - Pleasure Seekers
90. It Was The Whiskey Talkin’ (Not Me) - Jerry Lee Lewis
91. Kiss Me I’m Shitfaced - Dropkick Murphys
92. Alligator Wine - Screaming Jay Hawkins
93. Wasted - Black Flag
94. Two More Bottles of Wine - Delbert McClinton
95. Little Streams of Whiskey(The Dying Hobo) - Traditional
96. The Wild Rover - Traditional
97. Blues Plus Booze - Stonewall Jackson
98. Stomp Them Grapes - Mel Tillis
99. Too Drunk to Fuck - Dead Kennedys
100. Green Beer - Scrawl
White Cross, a (the) Richmond hardcore band of the early 80s, played a show last night…and who would have thought this experience could be free…
The core members were Mikey Rodriguez, Richard Kranmer, Rob Mosby & Dewey Rowell, but Mosby and Rowell later left to join Gwar. Recently Tommy Rodriguez has taken over as guitarist, and Greta Brinkman has joined as bassist.
Google this band.
With his murals that inter-connecting animals, plants and machines with futurist urban elements and ambiguous characters, Gualicho has turned school yards, abandoned stairwells, and city walls into outdoor canvases.
For more, visit http://www.gualicho.cc/html/walls.htm
The pictures you see below are portraits, by the illustrator & photographer Chris Scarborough.
His illustrations focus on destruction and depictions of otherworldly creatures posing as human. Oh, and these are made with graphite and watercolor only.
For more, go to http://www.scarboy.net/
Yesterday, 31 stores in New York’s Chinatown were raided and closed by the NYPD. All merchandise suspected of being counterfeit was removed from the stores, and the stores will not be allowed to reopen.
We have wanted to go to the mountains to visit our friend Bill for over a year. Bill Fields fellow small business owner and architect extrodinare built an amazing litte chateau and tree house in the mountains near Charlottesville.
A history of great Literature
A tree house for summer lazy love
Oysters. Fire Grilled in the Snow